Auckland Vacancy: Senior AIX Engineer
At Spectrum, you'll find yourself in the company of some of the industry's smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers, with this opportunity:
The IBM Power Systems team is looking for an experienced AIX Engineer with advanced OS administration experience, including OS build, hardware deployment and automation. The position is responsible for researching, designing, building, testing, deploying, analyzing, administering, and maintaining IBM Power systems hardware and software infrastructure technology components to meet current and future business goals.
- Research and testing of new AIX server technologies
- The design/build and deployment of enterprise AIX computing environments
- Support of production AIX servers and infrastructure components
- Collaborate with infrastructure teams and business partners to achieve strong results
- Senior level knowledge & experience with AIX Midrange systems
- Experience in configuration, installation and day-to-day operations of AIX server environments
- Knowledge and experience with IBM Power Systems Virtual IO
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP protocols
- Initiative and project planning skills required for longer-term objectives
- Technically astute in diagnostic methodologies
- Ability to take direction and guidance to achieve accurate problem isolation and resolution
- Interacts and collaborates effectively and positively with peers, customers and Management
- Ability to manage multiple work streams, effectively communicating status and issue escalation
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, quickly adapting to change to meet the demands of the business
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language to technical staff, as well as, senior management
Email us to express interest along with your LinkedIn profile and / or CV, so we can look to have a chat.